Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The fish that never dies....DIED


Our fish passed away on September 28, 2008 after a long and adventurous life. He was given to us by the Warick family about 18 months ago in a little round fish bowl. When we moved to mesa we decided NOT to take him with us and we bought him fish food that would feed him up to 7 days. We generally came out to the house every week, so feeding him was not a problem. Well, there was a time when we did not come out for 3 weeks and the poor fish was not only out of food but he was out of water! He was trying to swim in about 2 inches of murky water. We then decided that if he survived that then he could come and live with us in Mesa and we would change out his water often and make sure he had plenty of food. When we moved back into our house we decided that the safest place for him was on top of the fridge. (boy were we wrong) One day after cleaning the bowl, like we promised, we had filled the bowl with fresh water right to the brim. Soon after I was walking passed the fridge I noticed something on the floor. IT WAS THE FISH! He had flopped out of his bowl across the top of the fridge and plummeted to his death. Tan bravely scooped up the fish and put him into the bowl where he laid there lifeless. The kids all watched and hoped the fish would spring to life. I picked up the bowl and PRESTO the fish was alive! He swam as nothing had happened. Arden decided that he deserved a better home and got him the mini aquarium you see in the photo. He was happy as can be for about 10 months. On the 28th of September he gave up and decided to move on to a better place. R.I.P. somewhere in the sewage. Thanks for the memories crazy fish!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am excited for your blog! Already it is so cute! Poor fishy:(

Cammie said...

Wow. That fish lived through alot. Alec's horney toad died today. He cried and then let his lizard go. He figured he would kill it too. I love to see you blogging. I miss you.

Jeff, Tiffany & Carson said...

Wow! Your a blogger too! I just keep finding more and more people, I love it! Hope all is well with you and the family. I can't believe how big all your kids are!